To mark this double Jubilee, Hublot unveils the First Hong Kong Exclusive Limited Edition Big Bang Ferrari.
This is the first-ever series made of bright red ceramic. This new material is the result of 3 years of in-house R&D.
“Rareté oblige”: Only 30 numbered pieces will be available.
Hong Kong, 18 October 2013 – Today is the perfect occasion to introduce this new Big Bang Ferrari Hong Kong Limited series made of Bright red ceramic as Ferrari Hong Kong
and Hublot Hong Kong celebrate their 30th anniversary of presence in the magic Peninsula.
The Big Bang Ferrari Hong Kong Limited Edition (45.5 mm in diameter) houses a black ceramic case with a cylindrical bright red ceramic bezel that dramatically showcases the in-house flyback chronograph UNICO movement (can be reset at any time) visible through the sapphire dial.
Clad in a shade of distinctive red – bright red ceramic for the bezel, sapphire crystal glass housed in a black ceramic case, red hours, minute indexes on the dial and a black rubber and Schedoni leather strap with red stitching – it is a nod to not just our national colour but also an homage to the Ferrari prestigious signature. With just a rarity of 30 numbered timepieces available, the case back of the watch also features the discreet legendary Prancing Horse.
Each timepiece will come with two interchangeable straps, Schedoni leather stitched onto black rubber, with an innovative quick-change system inspired by the safety seatbelt mechanism. The tone on tone stitching is a nod to the signature upholstery craftsmanship typical of Ferrari. 72 hours of power reserve, water resistant to 100 metres.
The presentation of the watch – which is a true tribute to Ferrari and to Hong Kong – took place in the presence of Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot and Luca di Montezemolo, Chairman of Ferrari.
More info from Hublot
- References 401.CF.0123.VR.FHK13 – 30-piece limited edition
- Case Diameter 45.5 mm in Polished and Satin-finished Black Ceramic
- Bezel World First with a Red Bright ceramic bezel – 6 H-shaped Black PVD Titanium Screws
- Crystal Sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating
- Bezel Lugs Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts Black composite resin with carbon insert at 9 o’clock
- Crown and Pusher Polished Black PVD Titanium with Black Rubber Insert and Red Lacquered Ferrari Logo on the Stop Pusher
- Case-back Circular micro-blasted and polished black ceramic featuring the Ferrari prancing horse – Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflective treatment
- Water resistance 10 ATM, or 100 metres
- Dial Sapphire with white Hublot logo transfer – Rhodium-plated Ferrari prancing horse appliqué – Satin-finished rhodium-plated and Ferrari white-coated indexes
- Hands Satin-finished rhodium-plated with white luminescent – Red chronograph hand and minute counter
- Movement HUB 1241 Unico movement – Developed and manufactured in-house by Hublot, automatic flyback chronograph with colum-Wheel visible on the dial side
- Date Calendar display at 3 o’clock
- Oscillating weight Tungsten oscillating weight with micro-blasted and satin-finished surface treated in pearly black
- Power reserve 72 hours
- Straps Black Schedoni Leather and black rubber Strap with Red Stitching
- Clasp Black PVD Titanium with Black Ceramic Insert – Deployant Buckle Clasp